what keeps the city running?
- Here: September City
- PKA: Little Jacaranda Towns, Firefly Café
- Birthday: 16 July, 2015 (Cancer; Fire Monkey)
- Host: the frustrating but effervescent Neocities
- For Coding: Araneae
- For Imaging: Photoshop CS6
Handmade in BNE, QLD, Australia with love, curiosity & obsession.
Powered by coffee & sheer bloody-mindedness.
- Questions? Comments? evenstar AT gmail
The point of it all
September City was originally created as a writing portfolio, however, I have since retired from writing professionally (which doesn't make me any less of a writer, I might add) and it has transformed into a personal collective reflecting my interests, hobbies, and thoughts. No more, and certainly no less.
A little history.
In order of appearance.
- 01. Little Jacaranda Towns v1.0 (I'm here?)
- !!! WAIT ----> namechange
- 02. September City v1.0 (serious writer)
- !!! STOP ----> MISSION CRITICAL (enough is enough)
- 03. September City v2.0 (vaporwave Neocellout)
- 04. September City v3.0 (flowers blossoming in midair)
- !!! STOP ----> changing.
- !!! WAIT ----> reshuffle
- 05. September City v4.0 (choice, lost in elsewheres)
- !!! AS FIREFLY CAFÉ ----> hazed sunset/fever dreams
- 06. September City v5.0 (is it right butterfly?)
- 07. September City v3.1 (flowers blossoming in midair REDUX)
- 08. September City v6.0 (searching for a sea without a shore)
- NOW. September City v7.0 (velvet heartcatcher)
Link to me
Why did you change your name?
Because, and please do excuse my language, screw Web 2.0's real name culture. I can -- and doubtlessly will in the future -- change my web handle whenever I see fit.
What's a September city, anyway?
An affectionate nickname I coined for the city I live in; in September, Brisbane blossoms like a million fireworks tinted jacaranda-purple. Perhaps this year I will be able to create a jacaranda photo album...^^
Do you take comissions for business/professional site designs?
I honestly would not be able to sleep at night if I did this. I am not a web devoloper except in the hobbyist sense; I don't have the skills necessary to make a fully functional non-static professional site, I do apologise! I am open to discussing designing a personal static site layout, but I can't in good faith offer anything more than that.